Stephen G. Console is the founding partner of the firm – which was formed in 1990. He currently is the managing partner.
In 36 years of practice, Steve has been at the forefront of both fighting for and expanding, the rights of employees who are the victims of abuse of power by their employers and who have had their civil rights violated.
Trying the first case ever televised in a federal court of the United States in 1991;
Bringing the first case ever filed under CEPA – the NJ whistle-blower law;
Establishing the legal precedent that investigators in claims of sexual harassment cannot hide behind the attorney-client privilege to avoid depositions;
Being lead counsel on a 189 plaintiff age discrimination case while the court ruled that the crime fraud exception to the attorney client privilege existed in relation to fraudulent release agreements that the company gave its older laid off workers; and,
Winning a jury trial where the court upheld the jury’s award of both liquidated damages and punitive damages.
Steve has represented over 3,000 individuals bringing actions against their current or former employers and has spoken at over 100 seminars concerning employment rights. He has been repeatedly recognized by his peers for his passionate representation of individuals.
Results may vary depending on your particular facts and legal circumstances.
- Included in the Super Lawyers® list “Top 100: Philadelphia Super Lawyers” (2008-2020)
- Included in the Super Lawyers® list “Top 100: Pennsylvania Super Lawyers” (2008-2020)
- Included in the Super Lawyers® list “Super Lawyers New Jersey in Employment Litigation” (2020)
- Included in the Best Lawyers list “Lawyer of the Year in Litigation – Labor and Employment, Philadelphia” (2014)
- Included in the Best Lawyers list “Lawyer of the Year in Employment Law – Individuals, Philadelphia” (2012)
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America list “Litigation – Labor and Employment” (2011-2020)
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America list “Employment Law – Individuals” (2011-2020)
- Console Mattiacci Law, LLC is included in the U.S. News Tier 1 Philadelphia Regional list “Employment Law – Individual” (2020)
- Console Mattiacci Law, LLC is included in the U.S. News Tier 1 Philadelphia Regional list “Litigation Labor & Employment” (2020)
- Executive Board of Directors of the National Employment Lawyers Association of New Jersey (1998-2000)