Stephen G. Console
Stephen G. Console serves as partner of Console Mattiacci Law, LLC. Mr. Console’s practice heavily emphasizes the representation of employees in non-union employment rights disputes. The firm currently has pending scores of cases with federal and state agencies as well as numerous cases in federal and state courts in Pennsylvania and New Jersey.
From 1998 through 2000, Mr. Console was a member of the Executive Board of Directors of the National Employment Lawyers Association of New Jersey. He has been a frequent speaker at employment law seminars throughout the region. Mr. Console was born and raised in Philadelphia and currently resides in Moorestown, New Jersey.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
- United State Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Villanova Law School, Juris Doctor, 1982
- Drew University, 1979
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Named as one of the Best Lawyers in Pennsylvania, by the Wall Street Journal (2018)
- Has been named to the Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania list by Philadelphia Magazine (2008-2018)
- AV Rated Peer Review honor of Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell (2007-2018)
- Has been named as a Super Lawyer®* in the area of employment litigation by Philadelphia Magazine and Super Lawyers Magazine (2004-2018)
- Named as one of the Best Lawyers in America in the area of Labor and Employment Law (2008-2017)
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for Litigation-Labor and Employment, Philadelphia (2014)
- Named as one of the Best Lawyers in The Best of the U.S. (2008-2013)
- Console Mattiacci Law, LLC was recognized in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell (2006-2013)
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for Employment Law-Individuals, Philadelphia (2012)
- Named the Best Lawyers' Philadelphia Employment Law-Individuals Lawyer of the Year (2012)
- Selected as one of National Employment Lawyers Association College of Labor & Employment Lawyers Fellows (2008)
- Named as a leading attorney in the state of Pennsylvania in the area of plaintiff’s employment and labor law in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers (2005-2006)
- Selected by his peers as “Best of Philly” (Philadelphia Magazine) for plaintiff’s employment attorneys
- Named as one of the Best Lawyers in America in America’s Who’s Who
- Member of The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Name the 22nd Edition of The Best Lawyers in America for Employment Law-Individuals and Litigation-Labor and Employment
Litigation Background and Notable Cases
- Bringing the first lawsuit under New Jersey’s “whistleblower law:” The Conscientious Employee Protection Act (CEPA)
- Representing the age and disability discrimination plaintiff in the first ever televised case in a United States federal court in the case ofBecker v. Unisys, E.D.Pa.
- Being co-lead counsel in a nationwide class action suit involving thousands of class members in the case of Oakes v. Okidata, E.D.Pa.
- Representing the plaintiff in the case of Garden v. General Electric, D.NJ., which resulted in an age discrimination verdict of $950,000 (including an award of both liquidated and punitive damages)
- Representing the plaintiffs in the case of Harding, et al. v. Dana Transport, D.NJ., which resulted in the precedent-setting opinion permitting the deposition of defense attorneys who conduct sexual harassment investigations
- Representing, as co-counsel, over 100 terminated employees in an ERISA class action suit involving severance benefits in the case of Feret v. Corestates, E.D.Pa.
- Representing the plaintiff in the case of Karl C. Schurr v. Resorts International Hotel, Inc., et al. (3d. cir. 1999) where the Third Circuit held that affirmative action plan of Resorts which was prepared to comply with the Casino Control Act of New Jersey was in violation of Title VII, Section 1981 and the NJLAD and entered judgment in favor of the plaintiff
- Co-representing the plaintiff class in the case of John D. Rudolph v. Adamar of New Jersey, Inc., d/b/a Tropicana Casino Casino and Resort, D.NJ. 2002, where the court struck down as unconstitutional all regulations of the New Jersey Casino Control Commission relating to affirmative action
- Being co-lead counsel in the 189 plaintiff age discrimination case ofKaminski, et al. v. Wachovia Corporation, E.D.Pa. 2002, in which the Court ordered defendant to turn over all attorney-client protected documents due to plaintiff’s having established that the “crime-fraud” exception to the privilege
- 2007 arbitration of Aaron, et al. v. ACE in which 68 former ACE employees successfully sued ACE under the Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection Law for accrued vacation benefits that were not paid to them (plus liquidated damages and attorney’s fees)
- "Strategic Trial Decisions: Perspectives from Counsel and the Court" - Speaker, Employment Law Institute (2018)
- University of Pennsylvania Law School - Guest Lecturer spoke on Settlement Strategy (2015-2018)
*Disclaimer: *The term Super Lawyer® is a designation granted by the commercial publications, Super Lawyers Magazine and Philadelphia Magazine. The term does not indicate the attorney is a "super lawyer" or suggest a particular outcome in your case. Learn more about the Super Lawyer® selection process here.
"...I am truly grateful for all of the help, assistance, understanding and professional skills garnered on my behalf during this time.
I feel your life-long commitment to hard work, education, competitive skill and supporting the underdog positioned you to represent me in a way no one else could."
Contact Us About Your Case
Submit your information using our confidential inquiry form
Our Office Locations
1525 Locust St. 9th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102 Phone: 215-545-7676
110 Marter Ave #502
Moorestown, NJ 08057 Phone: 856-854-4000
Helping Enrich Our Community
Our law firm is proud to provide support to charitable nonprofit organizations making a difference in the community.