Rahul Munshi is a Partner with Console Mattiacci Law, LLC.
Rahul has served as lead trial or lead arbitration counsel in several matters which have resulted in substantial awards for his clients. In 2017, Rahul was lead trial counsel in Braden v. Lockheed Martin Corp. (D.N.J.), where a unanimous jury in federal court awarded Mr. Braden $50,000,000 in punitive damages, $520,000 in economic loss, $520,000 in liquidated damages, and $520,000 in compensatory damages. The $50,000,000 punitive damages award was later vacated, and a new trial was granted on punitive damages. The case settled prior to the new trial.
Rahul also has experience arguing before state and federal appellate courts. In 2016, Rahul obtained a reversal on a grant of summary judgment in McClain v. Avis Rent A Car System, Inc., a race discrimination and retaliation case before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals. In 2018, Rahul successfully argued on behalf of Mitch Williams, former Phillies pitcher and MLB Network Analyst, before the New Jersey Appellate Division, which upheld the $1,565,333 jury verdict led by Laura C. Mattiacci in favor of Mr. Williams.
Before joining Console Mattiacci Law, LLC, Rahul completed a federal judicial clerkship with the Honorable Joel H. Slomsky of the District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. A member of the Pennsylvania Bar, Rahul is a graduate of the Beasley School of Law at Temple University.
In law school, Rahul was Managing Editor of the Temple Political & Civil Rights Law Review, a member of Temple’s National Trial Team, and a member of the Jessup International Law Moot Court team. Rahul graduated from Haverford College with a degree in history.
Rahul was elected Vice President of the Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter of the National Employment Lawyers Association in February of 2020.
- Named to the “Pennsylvania Rising Stars” list by Philadelphia Magazine and Philadelphia Super Lawyers Magazine (2013 – 2021). The selection methodology for the Super Lawyers award can be found HERE. According to the aforementioned commercial publication, this designation places him in the top 2.5% of up-and-coming attorneys in Pennsylvania.
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America (2022). The selection methodology for The Best Lawyers in America award can be found HERE.
- Included in Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Employment & Civil Rights Lawyers (2020-2021).
- Named a Lawyer on the Fast Track by The Legal Intelligencer (2016).
- Young Alumni Award for Excellence in Leadership from Haverford College (2012)
- Temple University Conwell Law Scholarship Recipient
- Temple Law Graduation Prize for Most Promising Litigator
- Center for Forensic Economic Studies Award for Outstanding Achievement in Litigation
- Barrister’s Award for Most Outstanding Oral Advocate in Trial Advocacy
- Rubin Public Interest Law Honor Society Fellow