Rahul Munshi is a Partner with Console Mattiacci Law, LLC.
Rahul has served as lead trial or lead arbitration counsel in several matters which have resulted in substantial awards for his clients. In 2017, Rahul was lead trial counsel in Braden v. Lockheed Martin Corp. (D.N.J.), where a unanimous jury in federal court awarded Mr. Braden $50,000,000 in punitive damages, $520,000 in economic loss, $520,000 in liquidated damages, and $520,000 in compensatory damages. The $50,000,000 punitive damages award was later vacated, and a new trial was granted on punitive damages. The case settled prior to the new trial.
Rahul also has experience arguing before state and federal appellate courts. In 2016, Rahul obtained a reversal on a grant of summary judgment in McClain v. Avis Rent A Car System, Inc., a race discrimination and retaliation case before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals. In 2018, Rahul successfully argued on behalf of Mitch Williams, former Phillies pitcher and MLB Network Analyst, before the New Jersey Appellate Division, which upheld the $1,565,333 jury verdict led by Laura C. Mattiacci in favor of Mr. Williams.
Before joining Console Mattiacci Law, LLC, Rahul completed a federal judicial clerkship with the Honorable Joel H. Slomsky of the District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. A member of the Pennsylvania Bar, Rahul is a graduate of the Beasley School of Law at Temple University.
- Named to the “Pennsylvania Rising Stars” list by Philadelphia Magazine and Philadelphia Super Lawyers Magazine (2013 – 2021). The selection methodology for the Super Lawyers award can be found HERE. According to the aforementioned commercial publication, this designation places him in the top 2.5% of up-and-coming attorneys in Pennsylvania.
- Included in The Best Lawyers in America (2022). The selection methodology for The Best Lawyers in America award can be found HERE.
- Included in Lawdragon 500 Leading Plaintiff Employment & Civil Rights Lawyers (2020-2021).
- Named a Lawyer on the Fast Track by The Legal Intelligencer (2016).
- Young Alumni Award for Excellence in Leadership from Haverford College (2012)
- Temple University Conwell Law Scholarship Recipient
- Temple Law Graduation Prize for Most Promising Litigator
- Center for Forensic Economic Studies Award for Outstanding Achievement in Litigation
- Barrister’s Award for Most Outstanding Oral Advocate in Trial Advocacy
- Rubin Public Interest Law Honor Society Fellow
*No aspect of the advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court.
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Rolling Up Our Sleeves and Getting Back to Work – Panelist, Philadelphia Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Committee Bench-Bar Conference. (October 1, 2021)
- Legal and Practical Issues in Arbitrating Employment Cases – Co-presented, Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Employment Law Institute. (April 28, 2021)
- Civil Rights Law Symposium, South Asian Law Students Association (SALSA) – Panelist, University of Pennsylvania Law School. (February 19, 2021)
- Retaliation Claims: When to Raise Them and How to Avoid Making Them Stick – Co-presented, Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Employment Law Institute. (August 28, 2020).
- HR for Solos, Small Firms & Small Businesses – Panelist, Philadelphia Bar Association. (April 18, 2019)
- The Best Ways to Get Sued Over Employee Leaves and Accommodations – Co-presented, Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Employment Law Institute. (2019)
- Issues Surrounding the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) – Co-presented, Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Employment Law Institute. (2018)
- Responding to Allegations of Sexual Misconduct – Co-presented, Philadelphia Bar Association. (2018)
- Naturalization Ceremony at the U.S. Courthouse – Speaker, sponsored by the Philadelphia Bar Association (2018).
- Labor and Employment Section on Litigation Skills and Tips for Discovery in Employment Litigation Actions – Co-presented, American Bar Association (ABA). (2018)
- Disability Discrimination Litigation Issues – Co-presented, Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Employment Law Institute. (2017)
- Advanced Issues Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) – Co-presented, National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) Northeast Regional Conference hosted by Drexel University in Philadelphia. (2017)
- Age Discrimination Litigation – Co-presented, Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Employment Law Institute. (2016)
- LGBT Discrimination in the Workplace, Judicial and Legislative Developments, and Tips on How to Litigate Sexual Orientation and Gender Discrimination Claims- Panelist, Philadelphia Bar Association’s 2015 Bench-Bar and Annual Conference. (2015)
- Trial of Retaliation Case – Co-presented, Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Employment Law Institute. (2014)
- Zero Dark Forty-Plus: Navigating the Evidentiary Minefield in Age Discrimination Cases – Panelist and Co-Author , Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Employment Law Institute. (2013)