Emily R. Derstine Friesen
Emily R. Derstine Friesen is an attorney at Console Mattiacci Law, LLC. Ms. Derstine Friesen represents current and former employees in their employment related matters, including: discrimination based on sex, pregnancy, age, race, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, and religion; sexual harassment; retaliation; wrongful termination; FMLA leave; whistleblowing; severance agreements; and breach of contract. Ms. Derstine Friesen has argued before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, the District Court of New Jersey, and the Lehigh County Court of Common Pleas.
In law school, Ms. Derstine Friesen was Editor-in-Chief of the Drexel Law Review, assisted professors as a research assistant and teaching assistant, served as the Vice President of the Labor and Employment Law Society, and participated in pro bono projects. In addition to employment law, Ms. Derstine Friesen has a background in immigration law.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, Juris Doctorate, summa cum laude
- Eastern Mennonite University, Bachelor of Arts Degree, Justice, Peace, and Conflict Studies, summa cum laude
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Board Observer with Women Organized Against Rape
- Dean's Award for Exceptional Achievement in Law School
- Faculty Award for Outstanding Achievement in Legal Ethics
- Faculty Award for Contributions to the Intellectual Life of Law School
- Selected as a Peggy Browning Fund Fellow
Speaking Engagements and Publications
- Spoke on a panel for the Peggy Browning Fund at the University of Pennsylvania Law School discussing Employment Law (2018).
"...I am truly grateful for all of the help, assistance, understanding and professional skills garnered on my behalf during this time.
I feel your life-long commitment to hard work, education, competitive skill and supporting the underdog positioned you to represent me in a way no one else could."
Contact Us About Your Case
Submit your information using our confidential inquiry form
Our Office Locations
1525 Locust St. 9th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102 Phone: 215-545-7676
110 Marter Ave #502
Moorestown, NJ 08057 Phone: 856-854-4000
Helping Enrich Our Community
Our law firm is proud to provide support to charitable nonprofit organizations making a difference in the community.