Emily R. Derstine Friesen is an Attorney at Console Mattiacci Law, LLC.
Ms. Derstine Friesen represents current and former employees in their employment-related matters, including discrimination based on sex, pregnancy, age, race, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, and religion; sexual harassment; retaliation; wrongful termination; FMLA leave; whistleblowing; severance agreements; and breach of contract. Ms. Derstine Friesen has argued before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, the District Court of New Jersey, and the Lehigh County Court of Common Pleas.
In law school, Ms. Derstine Friesen was Editor-in-Chief of the Drexel Law Review, assisted professors as a research assistant and teaching assistant, served as the Vice President of the Labor and Employment Law Society, and participated in pro bono projects. In addition to employment law, Ms. Derstine Friesen has a background in immigration law.
- Included in Super Lawyers® list “New Jersey Rising Stars” in the area of Employment & Labor (2020)
- Dean’s Award for Exceptional Achievement in Law School
- Faculty Award for Outstanding Achievement in Legal Ethics
- Faculty Award for Contributions to the Intellectual Life of Law School
- Selected as a Peggy Browning Fund Fellow