Emily R. Derstine Friesen
Emily R. Derstine Friesen is an attorney at Console Mattiacci Law, LLC. Ms. Derstine Friesen represents current and former employees in their employment related matters, including discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, and breach of contract, among other employment issues. Ms. Derstine Friesen has argued before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and the District Court of New Jersey.
Ms. Derstine Friesen graduated summa cum laude from law school. In law school, Ms. Derstine Friesen was Editor-in-Chief of the Drexel Law Review. Her other law school involvements included representing an indigent individual in the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, assisting professors as a research assistant and teaching assistant, serving as the Vice President of the Labor and Employment Law Society, and participating in pro bono projects.
Before law school, Ms. Derstine Friesen worked both as a paralegal at an immigration law firm in Philadelphia and as a legal assistant at an immigration nonprofit organization in Washington, DC.
Bar and Court Admissions
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, Juris Doctorate, summa cum laude
- Eastern Mennonite University, Bachelor of arts Degree, Justice, Peace, and Conflict Studies, summa cum laude
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dean's Award for Exceptional Achievement in Law School
- Faculty Award for Outstanding Achievement in Legal Ethics
- Faculty Award for Contributions to the Intellectual Life of Law School
- Selected as a Peggy Browning Fund Fellow
"...I am truly grateful for all of the help, assistance, understanding and professional skills garnered on my behalf during this time.
I feel your life-long commitment to hard work, education, competitive skill and supporting the underdog positioned you to represent me in a way no one else could."
Contact Us About Your Case
Submit your information using our confidential inquiry form
Our Office Locations
Philadelphia, PA 19102
New Jersey Office
Moorestown, NJ 08057
Helping Enrich Our Community
Our law firm is proud to provide support to charitable nonprofit organizations making a difference in the community.