Fernando I. Rivera is an Attorney at Console Mattiacci Law, LLC, where he represents individuals who have been victimized by illegal employment practices concerning discrimination, retaliation, workplace harassment, wrongful termination, whistleblower claims, medical leaves, disability leaves, wage and hour claims, employment contract disputes, and other employment-related matters.
Prior to joining Console Mattiacci Law, LLC, Fernando worked for a plaintiff-side law firm in Philadelphia, where he handled a wide-range of litigation matters. While in law school, Fernando clerked for the Honorable Norma L. Shapiro of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania. Additionally, Fernando was a founding board member of Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law’s Labor and Employment Law Society, and he volunteered at Philadelphia Legal Assistance, where he represented indigent individuals before the Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry in matters involving appeals from denials of unemployment compensation benefits.
Fernando has served on the Board of Directors of the Hispanic Bar Association of Pennsylvania (HBAPA) and the Hispanic Bar of Association of Pennsylvania Legal Education Fund (LEF) since 2014. In 2018, Fernando served as the President of the LEF. Under Fernando’s leadership, the LEF raised over $90,000 in donations and awarded $33,000 in scholarships to local area law students—both records for the LEF. Fernando previously served on the Executive Committee Board of the Philadelphia Bar Association’s Young Lawyer’s Division.
- Included in the Best Lawyers list, “Ones to Watch in America” in the area of Labor and Employer Law – Employee (2022). The selection methodology for the Best Lawyers award can be found HERE.
- Included in the NJ Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” list in the area of Employment Litigation (2020, 2021). The selection methodology for the Super Lawyers award can be found HERE.
- Included in the PA Super Lawyers® “Rising Stars” list in the area of Employment Litigation (2018-2021). The selection methodology for the Super Lawyers award can be found HERE.
- Vice President and Board Member of the Hispanic Bar Association of Pennsylvania (2020).
- President -Elect of the Hispanic Bar Association of Pennsylvania (2021).
- President of the Pennsylvania Legal Education Fund (2018).
- The First Judicial District of Pennsylvania, Pro Bono Roll of Honor, (2015, 2016).