our people >
Stephen G. Console
Stephen G. Console is the principal attorney of Console Law Offices LLC. Mr. Console’s practice heavily emphasizes the representation of employees in non-union employment rights disputes. The firm currently has pending scores of cases with federal and state agencies as well as numerous cases in federal and state courts in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. From 1998 through 2000, Mr. Console was a member of the Executive Board of Directors of the National Employment Lawyers Association of New Jersey. He has been a frequent speaker at employment law seminars throughout the region. Mr. Console was born and raised in Philadelphia and currently resides in Moorestown, New Jersey.
Litigation Background and Notable Cases
- Bringing the first lawsuit under New Jersey’s “whistleblower law:” The Conscientious Employee Protection Act (CEPA)
- Representing the age and disability discrimination plaintiff in the first ever televised case in a United States federal court in the case ofBecker v. Unisys, E.D.Pa.
- Being co-lead counsel in a nationwide class action suit involving thousands of class members in the case of Oakes v. Okidata, E.D.Pa.
- Representing the plaintiff in the case of Garden v. General Electric, D.NJ., which resulted in an age discrimination verdict of $950,000 (including an award of both liquidated and punitive damages)
- Representing the plaintiffs in the case of Harding, et al. v. Dana Transport, D.NJ., which resulted in the precedent-setting opinion permitting the deposition of defense attorneys who conduct sexual harassment investigations
- Representing, as co-counsel, over 100 terminated employees in an ERISA class action suit involving severance benefits in the case ofFeret v. Corestates, E.D.Pa.
- Representing the plaintiff in the case of Karl C. Schurr v. Resorts International Hotel, Inc., et al. (3d. cir. 1999) where the Third Circuit held that affirmative action plan of Resorts which was prepared to comply with the Casino Control Act of New Jersey was in violation of Title VII, Section 1981 and the NJLAD and entered judgment in favor of the plaintiff
- Co-representing the plaintiff class in the case of John D. Rudolph v. Adamar of New Jersey, Inc., d/b/a Tropicana Casino Casino and Resort, D.NJ. 2002, where the court struck down as unconstitutional all regulations of the New Jersey Casino Control Commission relating to affirmative action
- Being co-lead counsel in the 189 plaintiff age discrimination case ofKaminski, et al. v. Wachovia Corporation, E.D.Pa. 2002, in which the Court ordered defendant to turn over all attorney-client protected documents due to plaintiff’s having established that the “crime-fraud” exception to the privilege
- 2007 arbitration of Aaron, et al. v. ACE in which 68 former ACE employees successfully sued ACE under the Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection Law for accrued vacation benefits that were not paid to them (plus liquidated damages and attorney’s fees)
Bar and Court Admissions
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- New Jersey State Bar
- United State Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Villanova Law School, Juris Doctor, 1982
- Drew University, 1979
- Selected by his peers as “Best of Philly” (Philadelphia Magazine) for plaintiff’s employment attorneys
- Named as a leading attorney in the state of Pennsylvania in the area of plaintiff’s employment and labor law in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers 2005-2006
- Named as one of the Best Lawyers in America in America’s Who’s Who
- Named as one of the Best Lawyers in America 2008- 2013 in the area of Labor and Employment Law in Best Lawyers in America
- Named as one of the Best Lawyers in The Best of the U.S. 2008-2013
- Console Law Offices LLC was recognized in the 2006-2013Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers by Martindale-Hubbell
- AV Rated Peer Review honor by Martindale-Hubbell 2007-2013
- Selected as one of National Employment Lawyers Association 2008 College of Labor & Employment Lawyers Fellows
- Has been named to the Top 100 Attorneys in Pennsylvania list by Philadelphia Magazine in 2008-2013.
- Has been named to the Top 100 Attorneys in Philadelphia list by Philadelphia Magazine in 2008-2013.
- Has been named to the Super Lawyers list by Philadelphia Magazine and Super Lawyers Magazine 2004-2013.
- Member of The College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Named the Best Lawyers' 2012 Philadelphia Employment Law - Individuals Lawyer of the Year
“I want to take this opportunity to thank you in writing for your incredible effort on my behalf during my suit’s three year process.
From our first meeting right through the settlement, you were the one person who knew this case inside out...”